Creamy Garlic Pasta – The simplest pasta dish EVER. It’s creamy, packed full of garlic flavour, and ready in under 30 minutes. A family favourite!
Creamy Garlic Pasta Recipe
On the lookout for the simplest pasta dish EVER? This recipe is for you!
This pasta is incredibly creamy, packed full of garlic goodness, and is ready to eat in under 30 minutes.
A family favourite, and the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner.
We can’t get enough of this pasta!
Looking for more dinner ideas? Check out our Easy Macaroni Cheese, Honey Garlic Pork Chops, and our Chicken Pasta Bake.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe. You can find the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their measurements.
- Uncooked spaghetti: Or any other pasta.
- Unsalted butter
- Garlic cloves: You’ll need 4, minced.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Chicken stock: Made with 1 chicken stock cube and boiling water.
- Crème fraîche: If you can’t get hold of any, sour cream is an excellent substitute.
- Mature cheddar cheese: Grated.
- Dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper: To taste.
How to make Creamy Garlic Pasta
To make this recipe, simply start by cooking the spaghetti as instructed on the packet, adding a tablespoon of salt to the pot of water.
While the spaghetti is cooking, let’s start making the creamy garlic pasta sauce.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant – about 1 minute.
Add the flour and stir until combined.
Gradually stir in the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until thickened – about 1 – 2 minutes.
Stir in the crème fraîche, then remove from the heat.
Add the cheddar and oregano, and whisk until completely melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the drained spaghetti and toss to coat.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
This Creamy Garlic Pasta is:
- super quick and easy to make
- incredibly creamy and delicious
- packed full of garlic flavour
- made in under 30 minutes
- the perfect weeknight dinner!
Recipe Notes & Tips
- We enjoy this pasta on its own most of the time, but you can definitely add in some cooked meat (or other type of protein), or even some veggies! We love diced chorizo with this recipe.
- I used spaghetti for this recipe, but any type of pasta will do. Penne and fusilli work great!
- I use chicken stock because it adds a lot of flavour to this dish, but you can use vegetable stock if you want to make it vegetarian.
- I absolutely LOVE using crème fraîche in this recipe. It makes for the most creamiest sauce. If you can’t get hold of any, we love using sour cream too!
- I love dried oregano in this pasta, but you can definitely use another herb you prefer. Parsley is another good one.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and hashtag it #simplysavourymeals. We’d love to see!
Try these recipes next!
Craving for more savoury? Subscribe to our newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.