Honey Lime Chicken – Juicy chicken strips that are coated in a chilli powder/cumin spice mix, and marinaded in a sweet and tangy honey-lime sauce. Serve over rice for a perfect family dinner!
Honey Lime Chicken
Let me introduce to you the recipe that will be your new favourite meal to serve.
Tender and juicy chicken strips coated in a chilli powder/cumin spice rub, and marinaded in a honey-lime sauce that is deliciously sweet and tangy.
The spicy chicken rub paired with the honey-lime sauce is an absolutely perfect combination. The flavours balance each other out to make a mouth-watering and irresistible coating for chicken.
This chicken can be cooked and served in just over 30 minutes, making it an excellent go-to dinner for busy days.
Looking for a quick breakfast recipe? Check out our Ham and Cheese Muffins.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this chicken. You can find the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their measurements.
For the honey-lime sauce:
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed. You’ll need 4 tablespoons from about 3 – 4 limes.
- Garlic cloves: You’ll need 2, minced.
For the chicken:
- Mild chilli powder
- Ground cumin
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts: You’ll need 4, sliced into strips.
How to make Honey Lime Chicken
To make this chicken, grab a small bowl and whisk together the soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and garlic cloves. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, stir together the chilli powder, cumin, salt, and olive oil. Add the chicken strips and coat completely.
In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and fry until cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
Add the honey-lime mixture to the pan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and whisk until the sauce begins to thicken.
Add the cooked chicken strips and coat in the sauce. Cook for a further 5 minutes, whilst coating in sauce.
Serve over rice, and drizzle the extra sauce on top.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
This Honey Lime Chicken is:
- super quick and easy to make
- juicy and tender
- coated in a chilli powder/cumin spice rub
- marinated in a sweet and tangy honey-lime sauce
- absolutely delicious, and served in just over 30 minutes!
A few tips & tricks for this recipe:
- Depending on how tangy you want your honey-lime sauce, how many tablespoons of lime juice used is up to you. For a less tangy taste, I like to use 2 – 3 tablespoons of lime juice.
- This chicken can be served with a variety of foods. I like to serve mine over rice, with extra sauce drizzled on top. It is also delicious served in tortilla wraps.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and hashtag it #simplysavourymeals. We’d love to see!